Why Do Law Firms Need Managed IT Services?
With the many lines of business applications and ways to access them, you and your legal staff need maximum flexibility without compromising security or reliability. Using a Managed Services Provider (MSP) is the best way to do this.
Whether you use a traditional on-site server management, a secure private cloud infrastructure or a combination of the two – an MSP has experience and resources to provide the same reliable, responsive service regardless of where your applications and data reside.
Managed IT Services also offer you the ability to compete in the marketplace regardless of the size of your law firm. For one fixed monthly fee, you can get access to top-notch hardware, software and service.
MSPs Provide Proactive IT Services
Proactive Managed IT Services help your staff store and access information securely and perform their day-to-day responsibilities without worrying about whether technology will fail or fall into the hands of criminals. Your entire IT infrastructure is maintained and monitored 24/7, and you’ll never have to worry about your technology being out of date.
The right company will take the time to understand your law firm’s unique business requirements. They’ll gain an understanding of your short- and long-term goals and design an IT infrastructure with solutions to help you manage your costs and improve productivity while saving you and your staff time.
They will also design an IT plan using up-to-date solutions to automate tasks and streamline your operations. Managed IT Services and solutions are based on improving business processes so you can get more done with less.
What You Can Expect From Managed IT Services
- Reduced hardware, software, service, and support costs.
- Improved quality of service with fewer IT failures and increased productivity.
- Ready access to the most current technology products and applications without you investing in expensive equipment and software licenses.
- The ability to stick to your IT budget with no expensive surprises.
- Prevention of IT issues before they occur with proactive monitoring of your network.
- Service and support from specialists who are trained on the latest servers, software, and networking equipment.
- A Service Level Agreement with clearly defined goals and review periods so you can grade your IT company on its performance.
- Mobile Device Monitoring solutions that keep your staff from leaving with your confidential digital information.
- A Business Continuity Plan that ensures your data is always secure and accessible no matter the situation.
- Remote access for the support you require, with 24/7 help-desk hours.
- IT Vulnerability Assessments that help you comply with legal regulations.
- Security for your IT infrastructure using offsite physically protected and redundant data centers.
- Email hosting services that encrypt your emails and keep them safe both in storage and transit.
- Secure Wi-Fi solutions to keep intruders off your network.
- Much more.
Managed IT Services Provide Reliability & Security
Your legal practice in Baltimore needs the assurance that your systems and data are safe from today’s ever-increasing cyber threats. Managed IT Services provide this.
Managed IT Services use Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) that automatically and continually detect the performance of your technology and the security of your confidential digital information. This occurs behind the scenes and won’t disrupt your operations.
It also detects and remediates issues before they result in lost data or downtime–in most instances before you or your staff even knows there’s an issue brewing.
With Managed IT Services, you’ll be armed with robust IT security to shield your law practice from ethics violations caused by inappropriately protected client data. And, the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) and regulators will see that your firm is complying with IT security best practices and that the right security tools are being deployed to detect malware and criminal behavior.
Managed IT Services and Remote Monitoring & Maintenance also provide:
- System usage and compliance with your policies and procedures.
- Updated findings from critical IT activities.
- Advice for IT security plans that align with your budget.
- Regular reports on intrusions.
Managed IT Services Provide Cost-Effective & Compliant Cloud Solutions
In today’s technology-driven world, cloud computing has dramatically enhanced how attorneys and their staff work together. There’s no need to worry that the Cloud isn’t safe. Cloud computing increases security as well as productivity.
- The Cloud allows you to work on your own schedule, no matter the location or time of day.
- It’s a more secure way to store your clients’ confidential information.
- It changes the game for your interaction with clients with better collaboration and increased transparency.
- For firms that have employees and clients in different locations, it allows everyone to access up-to-date documents from anywhere at any time, with real-time interaction.
- Cloud solutions help small law firms that are resource-challenged. This helps small practices grow and compete with larger firms.
- Cloud software and hardware solutions provide increased scalability. You pay per user so you can add or decrease services at any time.
- You’ll have a PCI and SSAE-16 compliant data center for secure storage of your confidential data, including your applications and email.
- Cloud solutions like Microsoft Office 365 that increase productivity and collaboration.
- You’ll benefit from daily data backups and tests for recoverability for disaster recovery and business continuity.
We’ve just skimmed the surface and can provide many more details about how law firms benefit from Managed IT Services. Contact Tier One Technology Partners in Owings Mills, Maryland to learn more.
If you found this article helpful, visit our Blog to learn more.